Chapel Hill Area Criminal Defense Lawyer
The Law Office of Barry T. Winston provides experienced and dedicated criminal defense and personal injury representation to clients throughout Chapel Hill and all of the North Carolina area. Attorney Winston’s criminal defense career began with a notable capital murder case that ultimately resulted in the defendant’s acquittal. Our firm is able to stay up-to-date on changes to the law and adjusts our strategies to achieve favorable results for our clients.
Please contact our firm to arrange a free consultation in any of the following practice areas.
Remember, you are under no obligation to give any information to law enforcement officials. You have the constitutional right to remain silent and to seek legal help.
Criminal law overview: Since 1961, Attorney Barry T. Winston has provided experienced and effective criminal defense to clients facing a variety of criminal charges, including the following:
- Felonies: Felony charges are serious matters that can carry penalties of imprisonment and loss of various rights. Our firm defends people charged with crimes such as aggravated assault and battery, arson, murder, vehicular homicide, embezzlement, and multiple DWI charges.
- Misdemeanors: Conviction of a misdemeanor can result in jail time and fines. We defend against criminal charges that include petty theft, simple assault, and disorderly conduct.
- White collar: Crime When your reputation is on the line, count on the experience of Attorney Winston. We defend against white collar crimes that include computer fraud, embezzlement, and larceny.
- Drug charges: Our firm provides vigorous defense against allegations of drug possession, trafficking, and sale.
- DWI: We represent people arrested for drunk driving or a second or felony DWI offense. Depending on your driving record and the facts of your case, we may be able to keep you from losing your license, going to jail or paying the maximum amount in fines.
- Alcohol-related offenses: We represent college students from UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke, NC State and other area schools who have been charged with DUI/DWI and other alcohol-related offenses such as possession of fake IDs.
- Student crimes: Our office counsels and defends college students arrested for DWI, underage drinking, fake IDs, assault, drug possession and sexual assault.
- Domestic violence charges: We represent individuals who have been charged with domestic assault, child abuse, spousal battery, or violation of a restraining order or protective order.
- Probation violations: If you are accused of violating the terms of your probation, it’s important to contact an attorney before you call your probation officer. We can evaluate the circumstances of your case and discuss the options available to you to reduce the chances of your being sent to prison.
Personal injury: When an act of negligence results in an injury to another, the injured person may be entitled to compensation. This compensation can reimburse the injured person for pain, suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and a variety of other economic and non-economic loss.
- Automobile accidents: Our firm represents people who have been injured in car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents.
- Products liability: If you have been injured by a defectively made or poorly designed product, there may be legal action you can take. Our firm can help you obtain compensation for injuries, medical bills, and other expenses caused by a defective product.
Contact Attorney Barry T. Winston today to arrange your free consultation.